Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yummy Vegan Potato Salad


This was awesome! I made this for a church function and it was all eaten up! I was a little reluctant that I didn't have any leftovers but I was glad that others liked it so much.

1 C Finely chopped red onion
1/4 C Lemon juice
1/2 T Salt
1/4 C Mustard (Dijon if you like a little kick)
1/4 t pepper
6-8 LARGE potatoes
1 C Chopped celery
1 1/4 C Vegenaise or other mayonnaise substitute

Boil potatoes for 1/2 hour then peel and cut into cubes.

Stir together onion, lemon juice, salt, mustard and pepper. Toss hot cubed potatoes to coat evenly. Stir in celery and Vegenaise. If it is dry, add a little more mustard and Veganaise until you have desired consistency. Serve warm or chill before serving.

Variation:
Add 1/2 C chopped green bell peppers.
Substitute half the Vegenaise with vegan yogurt.

1 comment:

Toomey Family said...

I am impressed!! It really is inspiring...keep posting.